COVID-19 SAFETY PLANS
Please review the QFSC COVID safety plans. In addition please refer to the BC/YK Return to Play Plan at www.skatinginbc.com.
Quesnel Figure Skating Club COVID-19 Guidelines
We follow all Provincial Health Office, Northern Health, Via Sport and BC/YK Figure skating guidelines. These guidelines may change throughout the seaon. We will adjust our policies accordingly.
In addition we follow City of Quesnel Arena Guidelines .
ALL SPECTATORS and SKATERS must wear a mask in the arena with the exception of being on the field of play (ice). This includes dressing rooms. We follow the "guards on mask on, guards off mask off rule".
Do NOT come to arena if:
• You or your skater exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, chills, headache, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches, or other symptoms identified by health officials;
• The skater or someone in the skater’s household has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19; or,
• The skater or someone in the skater’s household has travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days.
Prior to arriving at the arena skaters must:
• Wash hands or use hand sanitizer; and,
• Self-assess for COVID-19 symptoms.
To mitigate risks related to COVID-19 QFSC is implementing the following protocols:
• Spectators will be limited to 50 people for all sessions this includes adults and children. Participants and coaches are not included in this count.
• CanSkate and Advance CanSkate parents must be accompanied by one adult. At this time to ensure we do not exceed the 50 spectator rule only one adult may accompany CanSkaters or Advance CanSkaters into the arena.
• CanSkate and Avanced CanSkate Sessions (may include Junior B skaters): If your child cannot tie their own skates we request that skaters arrive at the arena in their skates and helmets on.
• Parents must leave within 5 minutes of the ice session to allow parents for the next session to come in. Skaters must leave within in 15 minutes.
• Skaters should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled session.
• Doors will be locked once the ice session has begun and skaters have signed in. Please contact us if your child is going to be late or will be away. A parent will be at the door to let skaters in and count numbers.
• Dressing rooms will be assigned as needed.
• There will be no drop ins. You must be registered in Uplifter prior to being allowed on the ice.